Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Low-Carb eating Plan Updates and recipes!

Hello fellow hotties:)

Quick update for you all.

Today marks two official weeks since starting my new low-carb eating health plan incorporating some concepts from Dukan, some concepts from South Beach and most concepts from my own research on healthy low-carb eating in general. Its a lifestyle, not a diet.  It seems to be the best method for my body, remember what works for one person does not automatically work for somebody else.

I measured myself this morning and happy day! here are my stats:

4 inches down from my hips/lower belly (the largest part of my body)! Woohoo!!
1 1/2 inches down from my waist.
1 inch down from chest/breast area (mostly on the back - the hubs is concerned that I lose weight on one of his favorite curves. lol)
1/2 inch down from each arm
1/2 inch down on each thigh


I am very pleased!!!!  Clothes are reflecting the loss as are the comments from my hubby and others who have noticed.  This has all been accomplished with just changing my eating habits because unfortunately, I've been too sick to work out. I have incorporated walking on a few of those days but other days I just had to rest. I'm still not 100%, I'm very curious to see what happens once I incorporate my cardio regimes. I'm sure my apetite will increase, but I have to say that with this eating plan that limits certain foods but not quantities, I'm never hungry. I become satisfied quickly, what I am is very thirsty which is a good thing because my water consumption has increased dramatically (i.e.  I'm averaging 16 oz of 16 cups of water a day even on cooler weather days.)

I also have allowed myself a 'cheat meal' to keep the sanity. What this does NOTtmean is that I sit down to a smorgasbord of high-carb, high-sugar, uber fatty foods and ruin all of my progress in one meal. What it does mean  is that I allow myself "one" side dish or entree that has a little extra carbs or calories. This week it was a chicken tamale with verde sauce ( a green salsa.) It was a delicious treat and I enjoyed it thoroughly but I was satiated, after that I no longer needed or wanted any other "naughty" treat. I've done a lot of research and allowing yourself a cheat meal every other week or so can actually help increase your metabolism if done the right way.

Here are some of the delicious foods I've had for breakfast, lunch and dinner these past weeks.  My hubby is also enjoying them and has lost a few inches himself (albeit, he admittedly cheats way more than I do:)


Breakfast:  2 organic sunny side eggs prepared in a non-stick skillet with olive oil spray. 2 pieces of canadian bacon. Sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes in olive oil spray (0 cals.) An what's known as a "Dukan" pancake. It's made out of 1 1/2 Tsp of oat-bran, 1/2 tsp of non-fat cottage cheese and 1 egg white. Its not the best tasting thing but its a great way to get the oat-bran into your system. Last but certainly not least, my cup of coffee with non fat milk and no sugar. This breakfast is both filling and delicious!


Lunch: Chicken stir-fry made in non-stick skillet with olive oil spray and organic chicken breasts, red onion, carrot, edadamame, brocoli, red cabbage  lots of garlic and low-sodium soy sauce and a little rice-wine vinegar. Soo good!


Dinner: Marinated turkey cutlets (marinated them in lots of herbs and spices and a little rice wine vinegar, for about 4 hours) then put them under the broiler for that bbq effect. Asparagus salad consists of sauteed
asparagus, roma tomatoes and a little skim-milk mozzarela tossed in a home-made vineagrette of balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil. Soooo good!

This was a Friday Dinner Special: Eggplant parmesan with meat sauce, done the healthy way. I cut the eggplant in small round disks, dipped them in egg-white and then in parmesan cheese (instead of bread crumbs) then browned them in a non-stick skillet with olive oil spray. I then prepared the meat sauce (ground turkey) with diced onions, garlic, oregano and no-sugar ragu sauce. Finally assembled everything with a little shredded skim-milk mozzarella and put it under the broiler for 25 minutes. Served with a side of romaine lettuce in balsamic vineagrette. I promise you wont miss pasta with this dish!


(Pardon the bad quality of these pictures, all taken with my Blackberry cam.)

And there you have it, updates and hopefully some recipes you guys might try and enjoy. Please tell me how your doing? Let's motivate each other!

xoxo

The Healthy Hottie.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the weight-loss! can't wait to continue to follow your progress! those recipes look so delicious! I may just try them, I have about 20lbs to lose myself! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! Ill be sharing progress pictures very soon!

    ReplyDelete