Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dukan Diet Day One

Testing, Testing. Is this thing on? Its a bit dusty, I haven't been on in eons...

Hey there. Its me - the Healthy Hottie. I am still working hard on maintaining a healthy life-style. I still exercise regularly, eat healthy and make a concerted effort to make good choices and yet I am currently alternating between sizes 14/16 misses,depending on the item of clothing.  There has been little change, which can be good but it is also bad because I want "progress." My ultimate goal is 20 to 30lbs and a size 12/14 misses across the board. That is the healthiest weight/size for me and my lifestyle.

Tired of being in a plateau, decided to shock my body into trying something new (like how that rhymes?:)
Enter the French Eating Plan Revolution developed by Dr. Dukan. The DukanDiet. I am now a Dukanite. 

My hubby and I are on Day one of the Attack Phase, which is virtually pure protein, non-fat dairy and little else. Here is how we did:

Breakfast - 2 egg omelet, one wedge of laughing cow-light cheese, 2 slices of roast beef, coffee with nonfat milk and no sugar. Yes. No sugar, not even Agave. Not going to lie, that was hard.

Snack: 2 pieces of low-fat cured ham and another laughing cow light wedge.

Lunch: Herb marinated Chicken Breast braised, one dill pickle spear, a cup of limade with stevia and fresh limes.

Dinner: 2 organic chicken sausages, another dill pickle spear.

Dessert: One non-fat cup of organic oikos greek yogurt, mixed with 1 tsp of oat bran, cinnamon and stevia.

Conclusions: Day one has been semi difficult. We are not hungry, the protein really does its job of making us feel full and surprisingly not craving any naughty carbs or sweets. (i.e. starches, desserts) but I am craving FRESH produce. I would kill for a good salad right now. Let's hope I can survive four more days without my veggies.

Will touch base tomorrow with updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment